Cream of Broccoli Soup
An easy to make, delicious vegan broccoli soup
Write a review
- 2 bunches organic broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock - can be homemade or store bought
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Wash broccoli. Cut off tough, chewy lower part of the stalk and throw away. Peel remaining stalk. Chop all broccoli into very small pieces. Put aside.
- In a medium size pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion - cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped broccoli and simmer until tender - about 10 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and pour into blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Enjoy your delicious cream of broccoli soup!
- You may add other vegetables like carrots or potatoes for added flavor. Peel and put in with the onions, then follow the recipe.
Supportive Breast Cancer Magazine CT :: The Pink Paper http://www.thepinkpaper.com/
Posted On 10 Jan 2014